Friday, March 19, 2010

Mutant X #9

Written by: Howard Mackie
Art by: Mike Miller and Andrew Pepoy

Havok returns to New York City after his adventure in the swamp to find in completely in his wife's (the Goblin Queen) clutches. Some Sentinels show up, corner Alex in an alley and the ground breaks open and swallows Alex.

Turns out it is the underground freedom fighters led by Ben Grimm, the Mole Man and Calypso; they live in the tunnels under New York. They show Alex around and he says " I need to find my wife." They take him up a tunnel where who should be waiting but the Goblin Queen and the rest of her goons. They trade blows until who should show up but...Magneto.

What a steaming pile of junk. Nothing happened in this issue. Havok when on a tour of the tunnels - I could have gone to Crystal Caverns and done the same thing. Yawns all around. This is just an awful title. I can't really remember if I enjoyed it the first tie I read it, but I kind of can't stand it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment