Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mutant X #4

Written by: Howard Mackie
Art by: Cary Nord and Andrew Pepoy

After our brief visit to Canada last issue, the Six return to their castle home for some much needed R & R. But things start getting funky as Madelyne decends a secret stair case and the power goes out...

So the power is out, Bloodstorm is off feeding on her friends (Kitty Pryde and Forge) and a creeping mist fills the halls of Bannerman Castle. Alex goes off looking for Scotty and finds him in his room; He tells Alex bad things are coming. They run through the mist and are attacked by some goblins. One tries to kill Scotty and Madelyne (as the Goblin Queen) shows up; she takes out the goblin with one touch. She reverts back to her normal self, Alex is left slack jawed, and asks Scotty to give her a hug.

Now, I understand that this is laying the ground work for the coming story line - but I mean come on, the cover gives away the ending. The art is getting better - I really dig the first couple pages. I started collecting this series at the beginning of my second real collecting phase (which I am still in) and I consider it to be the title that spurred me on to collecting what I now own.

This issue's merits, as a single issue, are sparse - but as a bridge between a string of crappy issues and the beginning of the first real story arc it's okay.

Well, until tomorrow - happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment