Friday, March 5, 2010

Mutant X #5


Written by: Howard Mackie
Art by: Tom Raney and Andrew Pepoy

The world of Mutant X get over run by (cloned) Goblins and everyone's favorite neighborhood Spider-man shows up to help the Six. There is a big fight scene, the Six split up and Madelyne goes off with the Fallen after the Green Goblin, who is in control of the clones. Spider-man (who has six arms, weird right?) follows, and is captured along with Gobby. The Brute shows up just in time to hear Madelyne tell the Fallen to kill them.

He does and Havok and friends show up and blame the Brute. He's dumb and can't defend himself - so he runs off. Havok trails him and the cops take the brute down and arrest him for the murder of the Goblin and Spider-man.

Not really sure why I'm still reading this title. The story is kind of lack luster and I remember it being a abetter read. Maybe my tastes have changed. Before this was like a nice pice of guilty candy. But now I think I have a cavity from it. I'll stick with it until the faux Inferno story line finishes up, then I'll reevaluate whether this warrants further reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment