Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mutant X #11

So, it's been a while since I posted here. Best to get right back on that horse...

Written by: Howard Mackie
Art by: JJ Kirby, Mike Miller, and Andrew Pepoy

Wow. Let me just say that this series was kind of a nail in the coffin of my 2010 run of comic reviews. But I'm back with renewed vigor. Still, this series is threating my new found strength. It's kind of like a train wreck... I want to look away, but realize I can't.

If I had any real followers out there, I'm sorry for the delay in posting. Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things.

So, this issues opens with a meeting of the X-Men and Havok to discuss what should be done with the Goblin queen. Scotty sits at the top of the stairs at the X-Mansion and listens as the super powered adults decide his mother soon to be fate. Cut to Maddie talking to her Goblin Queen reflection in a pond, who tells Maddie it's time to get Scotty back. Bloodstorm shows up at the X-Mansion, fights the X-Men, wins and takes Scotty back to the Six's HQ.

After a less than warm reunion with his mother, Scotty is sent to bed without dinner. Brute goes to see Scotty, who "talks" him out of the Queen's control. The two of them proceed to try and escape, only to be hampered by the Fallen. Brute and the Fallen fight, brute loses and the Fallen winds up the killing blow. Scotty's eye glow and the room bursts with blue energy which send the Fallen flying against a wall. Enraged, the Fallen tried to strike Scotty, but Mommy steps in and reminds the Fallen who is the boss.

Mattie seems to return to her senses and tells the Brute to take Scotty back to the X-Men and all is back to where it was at the beginning of this issue.

I like Kirby's (or possibly Miller's) Maddie - and as is par for this book, the art is stylized in a decent way that isn't terrible to look at. The story is about in line too. Not a terrible read, but definitely not the best book I've got it the long boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment